Saturday, March 21, 2020

JUST DROPPED IN

Made the mistake of watching the news right before going to sleep last night. Strange dreams, full of foreboding, and woke up at 5am, sure something really bad had just gone down.

Which is probably true. We are in a pandemic, the numbers are spiking, and our current President seems unable to do anything other than say "everything's great! We go this, don't you worry." I mean, did you watch that press conference yesterday? I think asking what he would say to a frightened American was kind of an easy question. But he freaked out. Why? What is up with this guy?

On other news, I've decided to start work on a new screenplay, pretty much straight up autobiography kind of thing, coming of age and all that. It just feels like the right story for me to tell at this time and place. Maybe by tonight, I'll think that's nuts. But that's where I am today. And as far as writing goes, I do what I think I should, unless being paid large sums of money by some studio.

I am also seriously thinking about filming myself reading my journal from high school. Working title: I Was a Teen-Age Born-Again.  Used to do it at parties for laughs, because I was sooooo full of myself back then. Still am, of course. I mean, I post a blog daily during a freakin' pandemic.

What else? Mind scattered this morning. Got up late, making coffee now, just let the dog out. My dog Padfoot. He's a bit of a nut, but most awesome. Great thing about dogs, they always have their priorities straight. Eat. Sleep. Love. Play. I am getting to his way of thinking.

And Kenny Rogers died. Maybe I should look up one of the Gambler movies and watch it in his honor. And for sure, The Big Lebowski. The dream sequence song is by him, which always surprised me. We've been watching lots of stuff. As has most folks, I think. We turn to the arts. I am also making my way through BoJack Horseman, finally. It's smart, funny, and also a bit sad.




Also, last night while cleaning up after dinner, I came upon a livestream home concert by Toby Lightman. She used to tend bar at Bryant Park Grill when I was a waiter there. I used to always call out to her light Sweeney Todd "Toby, where are you?", and she'd smile kindly and then make d drinks I needed. She went on to have a career in music. It was so beautiful to just clean up and listen to this heartfelt lovely music streaming live. You can go HERE to follow her on Facebook.

Ok. Gotta go in a sec. Taking our daily morning walk, while we still can. Priorities, people. Priorities. For the Duration.

No comments:

A PIRATE'S LIFE, AN ACTOR'S LIFE, MY LIFE.

I find meaning everywhere. Not just in books and music and movies and myths, but in moments I witness as I stroll through this world.  Meani...