LOST SOULS

LOST SOULS

We used to call cricketts

Souls

My brother, sister, and I.

At night on a full Moon,
I would look out my window
and see silohuettes of
cats and trees
(and the red light
of a cigarette)

against the deep blue sky.

Whispers passed between us,
questions for my older brother to answer-
                             
                                -which he always did.

Slowly the night would swallow us whole,
and for an
infinite moment,
I lost all sense

of up or down.

I was
(not flying but)
careening,
afraid I would never come back.

How long this lasted
I do not know.

Then I would hear the souls,
Singing in the night
Admiring the moon
Whispering to each other
Drawing me
Home

and I would sleep,
safe and content,
Protected by their music.

Now, I no longer need
To shut my eyes to lose
my senses.

Every day I am
(not careening but)
floundering.

Lost.

And I must listen,
must learn to hear again,

The Souls,

admiring the Moon,

I must learn again,
to let the living violins
carry me Home,

And caress my
Worried heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WAIT UNTIL DARK, THEN GET YOURSELF TO THE FAC

FAC PUTS IT TOGETHER PERFECTLY

9 TO 5 AT THE FAC A FREAKIN' HOOT!