Friday, September 25, 2020

ACKNOWLEDGE THE WRONG BUT SEEK THE RIGHT

It's Friday. End of the week. Time to relax. I remember when that was so. Not now, of course. This is the age of uncertainty. 


I suppose it is always the age of uncertainty, and we just pretend life is eternal and unchanging, but it used to be much easier to pretend. Nowadays, there are constant reminders of the impermanence of it all. Things are bad. We all know it. Covid is very real. Global warming is galloping apace. The powers that be seem to be hell bent on minority rule, with a small clutch of very powerful people dictating policy with only their best interests in mind, to the detriment of the rest of us, and to the world itself.

So I don't want to focus on that today.

I have things to do.

I need to write up a treatment for a new musical I'm working on.

I need to gear up for callbacks for a socially distanced, mask wearing production of Little Shop I'm working on down in Parker. 

I have to tend to my garden, both literally and figuratively.

I am not saying close your eyes and pretend this isn't the most serious time of your life.

It is.

I'm not saying just climb onto your roof top and watch it all burn down.

That way lies madness.

I'm saying acknowledge the wrong but seek the right.

Listen to your favorite music.

Tell someone you love them.

Call an old friend.

Meditate. 

Lose your fear.

Find your courage. 

Love life even when it is harsh.

Love life.

Love.

Live.

Love.

Here's a song. It's All Alone by 1 Giant Leap



No comments:

A PIRATE'S LIFE, AN ACTOR'S LIFE, MY LIFE.

I find meaning everywhere. Not just in books and music and movies and myths, but in moments I witness as I stroll through this world.  Meani...