Thursday, May 24, 2018

WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO BUT KEEP ON KEEPING ON?

Sometimes of late, I hit a bit of a wall. Things seem bleak out there. People are sad. Some projects only go so far. Shows close. Jobs end.

Such is life.

Whenever I hit that wall- and I've hit it several times in my life and no doubt will hit it several more times before I check out- I let myself feel blue for a moment, then press on.

Too much in this world that is amazing, fun, different, numinous, and magic.

For instance, I finally got the final cut of my short film Strong Tea. Here it is:

STRONG TEA

I have been meaning to finish that sucker forever. And finally did. And you know what? It wasn't really that hard to do. Seems like the first step is always the hardest.

I also finally put together some footage Lisa and I took up at Rocky Mountain National Park and made a short about searching for Sasquatch. Here it is:

MAY THE SQUATCH BE WITH YOU

And to top it off, I was in a short film made by one of my students, the super talented Ellie Griffin. I play a guy who has gone off the deep end. Here it is:

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS MINE

Sure, it's a short entry, and most of it is video clips.

That's the way it goes sometimes.


No comments:

A PIRATE'S LIFE, AN ACTOR'S LIFE, MY LIFE.

I find meaning everywhere. Not just in books and music and movies and myths, but in moments I witness as I stroll through this world.  Meani...